Barberry, or European barberry, is a known medicinal herb which has been used for many centuries and valued for its numerous health benefits. Barberry is a shrub that grows in warm regions of Europe, and its fruits, leaves, roots, and bark are used to make special natural remedies for various health conditions. It is possible to see a barberry bush growing in wild setting, in the lanes and marshlands somewhere close to water, or it can be cultivated in gardens and farms by those who like this amazing gift of our Mother Nature and want to benefit from the known therapeutic powers of barberry. It is also reported that barberry remedies are very popular in Russia (where barberry fruits are used for making jams and various sweet beverages), and in India (where some products of this plant are used as the ingredients for various home made cosmetics and beauty products).
These natural remedies are known for their high content of chemical berberine. It is considered to be the main ingredient and the key substance of barberry-based remedies responsible for the multitude of therapeutic effects. According to many official organizations of Europe and the United States, barberry and barberry products are considered quite safe, however, there are warnings that using this natural remedy can cause heartburn in some people. Specialists recommend to avoid this kind of products for breastfeeding and pregnant women, as well as for those children who are prone to allergies. However, generally using the remedies and various products made from barberry is safe. The available forms of barberry include tinctures, ointments, capsules, and liquid extracts. Those of you whoa are wondering about miraculous properties and health benefits of barberry bush products can check out the list of the most important ones of those below:
- Barberry is a very popular remedy for various disorders of digestive system, including diarrhea, indigestion, bacterial infections in intestines, stomach cramps, and many more.
- It was found out that barberry leaves and fruits infusion has very powerful natural antibiotic properties and can be used as an alternative to pharmaceuticals.
- Barberry has excellent anti-inflammatory properties and can be very effectively used against a great number of infections. It is possible to achieve great effects by using barberry when fighting against respiratory infections, in particular, for sinusitis, bronchitis, sore throat, the flu, and so on.
- There is plenty of evidence to the fact that anti-inflammatory properties of this natural remedy can be used to reduce pains and other symptoms linked to rheumatoid arthritis, as well as a natural relief for low-back and mid-back pains.
- Besides, barberry lotion or simple infusion can work great to improve our skin health and prevent numerous unwanted skin conditions, starting from acne and ending up even with fungus.
- Anti-fungal properties of barberry products are very powerful, but not many people actually know that.
- Consuming barberry products regularly can be a great solution to treat and prevent various liver problems, including quite serious chronic ones.
- Barberry products assist in improving blood circulation and are considered very good for preventing hypertension. Therefore, by using these natural remedies we can substantially strengthen our heart health and prevent diseases like heart attack, heart disease, etc.
- This natural remedy is known for its calming and relaxing properties, so it can be used to relieve the symptoms of stresses, anxiety, depression, as well as to promote sleep and so on.
- Barberry bush fruits are known for their high content of vitamin C, therefore barberry products are recommended as an effective natural boost for immune system function.
- Barberry products can be also used to prevent gallbladder and spleen diseases, kidney and urinary tract disorders, and also to improve appetite and prevent heartburn.