Due to a growing number of overweight and obese people around the world, a chronic lack of physical exercise and leading a sedentary lifestyle for many years, chronic digestive system problems, genetic predisposition, hormonal shifts, and other common issues, lately the number of those who are diagnosed with varicose veins has been strictly increasing. The condition is characterized by weakened, enlarged, swollen, and twisted veins, mainly on the legs, and it is estimated that by the age of 60, about 15 per cent of men suffer from this problem, as well as every one in five women. Varicose veins are very often diagnosed in young women during or after pregnancy. This health condition is usually linked to pains and cramps in legs, heavy itching, extreme heaviness in legs, and other problems. With time, the problem can grow into a serious condition causing inability to move legs: in such case, surgery is the only solution for varicose veins.
However, as a rule the ailment can be easily detected at its early stages, and early treatment can be effective for most of the patients. Wearing special compression stockings to support varicose veins is an effective idea which always works great for almost everyone. Besides, a large number of the patients prefer trying natural varicose veins solutions, including various creams, lotions, and other formulas based on 100 per cent natural ingredients. Want to learn more about effective varicose veins treatment and natural relief? Go to this website. Using herbs for varicose veins is another great solution since these natural treatments can assist in pain relieving and substantially reducing swelling . Below, check out a small list of herbs recommended as a support and relief to those who suffer from the problem of varicose veins.
- Horse Chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum). This is probably one of the most popular natural varicose veins treatment options, and using horse chestnut extract to treat the affected areas is recommended by the majority of doctors. This natural treatment is rich in aesin, an active ingredient known for its ability to stop capillary walls damage, thus preventing varicose veins and slowing down the development of the condition. Studies have proven the effectiveness of this herbal remedy, and showed that there are almost no side effects of using horse chestnut extract or other products based on this plant.
- St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum) is another known natural relief to the condition. It can be recommended as a great natural remedy to reduce the symptoms as well as decrease inflammation that usually takes place along with the condition. The best way to apply this natural treatment is rubbing some St. John’s Wort essential oil, extract or tincture right into the affected areas. It is a great natural solution to nourish damaged swollen veins, too.
- Butcher’s broom (Ruscus aculeatus). One of the best available options, Butcher’s broom contains ruscogenins, natural ingredients found to increase collagen production and support blood vessel walls. This natural remedy has good stimulant properties so it can speed up blood circulation and relieve pain. However, after using this herbal remedy some people can experience side effects like nausea, indigestion, and others.
- Witch hazel (Hamamelis virginiana). This extract received from leaves and bark of witch hazel tree is a known astringent, and it can be combined with other natural varicose veins treatment options like horse chestnut or St. John’s Wart in order to increase their effects, relieve swellings and other symptoms of the condition.
- Pine Bark (Proanthocyanidin). Natural pine bark extract made from the bark of the Mediterranean Pine contain plenty of bioflavonoids oligomeric proanthocyanidins, natural substances to improve collagen production, strengthen capillary walls and reduce the risk for varicose veins progressing. This natural remedy is available in many natural health stores as a great relief for varicose veins, hemorrhoids, bruising, and other skin problems.
- Grape seed (Vitis vinifera). This is another natural varicose veins treatment option high in flavonoids. It can be used to strengthen veins and improve their function. It was also found out that grape seed extract can play a role as a great natural pain reliever and a remedy to decrease swelling.