Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) is a known herbal remedy and a large tree native to India, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, and other nations of Southeast Asia. Kratom leaves have been used for many centuries for various medicinal purposes and play a role in traditional medicines of Thai and Malaysian nations. For Europeans and other nations of the world, health benefits of kratom were brought by Pieter Willem Korthals, a known Dutch botanist and herbalist who served in India. He could observe how natives are chewing the leaves of this amazing plant and was among the first Europeans to learn about kratom benefits. With his words, the knowledge was spread to Europe and since then this unique herbal remedy is available for everyone.
Besides, nowadays, kratom is more known in Europe as a plant-based over-the-counter medicine used mainly as a painkiller and a stimulant. There are numerous advantages and benefits of using this natural remedy to assist in preventing and treating many common health conditions. Kratom is available in the form of herbal tea, herbal powder, and other forms. Specialists warn about possible side effects caused by overdose of kratom medicine. Such side effects include insomnia, appetite loss, decreased urination, dry mouth, anorexia, weight loss, insomnia, numbness in legs, and so on. Below, check out a small list of other health benefits of kratom and possible uses of this one of the most amazing herbal remedies.
- Pain alleviating properties of kratom are considered the most valuable and the most powerful natural properties of this medicinal plant. There is a great deal of people who can not use prescription painkillers due to allergies or other reasons. Natural painkillers like kratom can be very handy in such situations.
- This natural product is very rich in alkaloids, like mitraphylline, 7-hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine (the latter two are considered the main active ingredients) thus it is very effective for strengthening the function of the immune system.
- Kratom benefits include lowering blood pressure and reducing the risks of numerous serious cardiovascular diseases like heart attack, a stroke, and others, which are very common in our times.
- As the studies have shown, this natural remedy contains epicatechin, a very powerful natural antioxidant which can be also found in cocoa beans and green tea. Due to this fact, antioxidant benefits of kratom are very strong and can prevent a great deal of serious health conditions related to aging and premature aging.
- It is reported that kratom has very good sedative properties, therefore, this natural remedy can be used to treat depression, nervous tension, anxiety, and other symptoms of stresses.
- Kratom tea is suggested to those who suffer from mild digestive disorders, especially diarrhea and too much active intestine function.
- Traditionally, kratom has been used by southern nations for treating and preventing hay fever and numerous related health conditions.
- In ancient Asian medicines, kratom has been known as a perfect remedy for opioid withdrawal. This remedy was extremely popular due to the absence of severe side effects and very high efficiency.