Noni plant (Morinda Citrifolia) is a medicinal plant very popular in Polynesia, the Caribbean region and other tropical zones around the world. It is actually a tree that belongs to coffee family. Other names of it include dog dumpling, cheese fruit, beach mulberry, Indian mulberry, mengkudu, kumudu, apatot , and others. Various parts of this plant have been used for over 2 millenia in national medicines of India, Polynesia, Southeast Asia, and Australia. The tree is famous, first of all, with the juice derived from its fruits, and in the last decades, noni juice is regaining its popularity enjoying a great demand around the globe. It is available in the form of capsules, however, was found a bit toxic due to a high content of anthraquinones, toxic elements. Therefore, using this natural medicine is linked to a number of side effects, that is why the FDA did not approve using this natural product in the United States (though in many countries of Europe it is not prohibited).
Noni benefits are really numerous and diverse, and below you can see a brief list of those. This medicinal plant has been a subject of numerous studies (including the one by an expert group of University of Illinois College of Medicine, Department of Pathology, published here), and most of the issues related to this interesting remedy are quite well researched. The main ingredients of noni fruits are carbs and dietary fiber, which are quite useful for our digestion. Other important constituents of noni juice and noni fruits embrace a group of minerals like potassium, iron, calcium, and sodium, as well as the vitamins like vitamin B3, vitamin C, vitamin A, and others. However, the most valuable nutrients found in noni juice are flavonoids and fatty acids, both are very beneficial for our good health. By using high quality noni juice or noni powder you can benefit from the following natural healing actions and therapeutic properties of this medicinal plant:
- Noni juice and noni products have very good immune system boosting properties, so they can be used to support the function of our immune system and teach our body resist various diseases.
- Traditionally, noni leaves were used in South Asia and Australia as an effective natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory, so they could speed up wound healing, reduce scarring, etc.
- It was also a very popular natural anti-inflammatory remedy which has been widely used to treat fever, dysentery, yellow fever, jaundice, and other inflammatory diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory noni benefits are known, and they can help to treat all types of inflammation, including skin inflammation, respiratory system inflammation, digestive disorders, etc.
- Noni is known as a natural relief for those who suffer from asthma, other respiratory problems and allergic reactions involving respiratory system.
- It is reported that by using noni juice, it is possible to get a better control of our blood pressure, thus decrease our risk for heart disease and other serious cardiovascular problems.
- Noni leaves can be used for relieving pains and stiffness linked to arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Some specialists recommend using noni juice to prevent kidney problem, including kidney disease.
- Noni benefits embrace very powerful stress relieving properties, and by using this natural product it is possible to lower anxiety, restlessness, sleep disorder, and even prevent developing chronic fatigue syndrome.
- There is evidence that by using noni juice or other noni products it is possible to reduce bad cholesterol levels, reduce body mass and prevent all the health risks linked to obesity.
- This natural remedy can act as a natural painkiller as relieve gout related pains, as well as aches in muscles and joints, fybromialgia related pains, etc.
- Noni benefits include excellent antiviral and antibacterial properties which can be used for a variety of health problems.
- Finally, there are studies proving that noni and noni juice may have some potential in treating tumors. It can be especially effective for preventing and treating early stages of prostate cancer, one of the most common types of cancer in our times.